Itzhak Perlman ,born August 31, 1945 is an Israeli-American violin virtuoso, conductor, and master-instructor. Perlman was born in Tel Aviv, British Palestine, where he first became interested in the violin after hearing a classical music performance on the radio. He studied at the Shulamit Conservatory and at the Academy of Music in Tel Aviv before moving to the United States to study at the Juilliard School with the great violin pedagogue, Ivan Galamian, and his assistant Dorothy DeLay.He is widely considered to be one of the preeminent violin virtuoso of the 20th century.
Perlman contracted polio at the age of four. He made a good recovery, learning to walk with the use of crutches. Today, he generally uses crutches or an electric Amigo scooter for mobility and plays the violin while seated.
Perlman playing the Wieniawsky Concerto no2 in 1964
He made his debut at Carnegie Hall in 1963 and won the Prestigious Leventritt Competition in 1964. Soon afterward he began to tour extensively. In addition to an extensive recording career, he has made occasional guest appearances on American television, starting in the 1970s on shows such as The Tonight Show and Sesame Street.Perlman plays on the antique Soil Stradivarius violin of 1714, formerly owned by Yehudi Menuhin and considered to be one of the finest violins made during Stradivari’s “golden period”, as well as the Sauret Guarneri del Gesu of c.1743.
- Itzhak Perlman was honored to take part in the Inauguration of President Barack Obama
Perlman played at a number of functions at the White Houses for the president and other royal members.In January 2009, Mr. Perlman was honored to take part in the Inauguration of President Barack Obama, premiering a piece written for the occasion by John Williams and performing with clarinetist Anthony McGill, pianist Gabriela Montero, and cellist Yo-Yo Ma. President Reagan granted him a “Medal of Liberty” in 1986, and President Clinton awarded him the “National Medal of Arts” in December 2000. In December 2003, he was a Kennedy Center Honoree. In May 2007, he performed at the State Dinner for Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, hosted by President George W. Bush and Mrs. Bush at the White House.
In 1987, he joined the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra for their concerts in Warsaw and Budapest, as well as other Eastern bloc countries. He toured with the IPO in the spring of 1990 for their first-ever performance in the Soviet Union, with concerts in Moscow and Leningrad, and toured with the IPO again in 1994, performing in China and India.
While primarily a solo artist, Perlman has performed with a number of other notable musicians, including Yo-Yo Ma, Jessye Norman, Isaac Stern, and Yuri Temirkanov at the 150th anniversary celebration of Tchaikovsky in Leningrad in December 1990. He has also performed (and recorded) with good friend and fellow Israeli violinist Pinchas Zukerman on numerous occasions over the years.
In 1975 Perlman accepted a faculty post at the Conservatory of Music at Brooklyn College. In 2003, Mr. Perlman was named the holder of the Dorothy Richard Starling Foundation Chair in Violin Studies at the Juilliard School, succeeding his teacher, Dorothy DeLay. He also currently instructs pupils on a one-on-one basis at the Perlman Music Program on Long Island, NY, rarely holding master classes. He also taught at a community center in Be’er Sheba, Israel.
- Violin studio class with Maestro Perlman: The Perlman Music Program in Jerusalem 2010
An Album Released By EMI classic for Itzhak Perlman
- Itzhak performed A Well-Know Classical Pieces – Bazzini in a Russia Concert
To Know More, Log On To The Official Site From >> HERE
- Caption This: Didier Drogba Gives Fernando Torres The Side-Eye …
- Tasini Files Class-Action Suit Against Huffington Post on Behalf …
- Robin Williams, Juilliard-trained tiger|Lastest Manhattan News …
- Sketchcrawl @ Morgan Conservatory | CoolCleveland Blog
- Alt Attribute & Seo « Goldenkeystolife
- IMG Tool 2.0 Tutorial (Replacing old GTA car)
- Toyota's Production Returns to Normal by December
- An [ALT]ernative anti-bullying campaign « ALTmentalities
- Impinj Files for $100M IPO | Xconomy
- Serve CSS Files Based On Screen Width Using Adapt.js
- Pac Div + special guests
- Transcript: Pre-Draft Press Conference, 4.21 | thejetsblog.com
- Full Set Violin | Violins
- White iPhone 4 to Arrive at Vodafone UK? | TechnoBuffalo
- Mean width of the infinity-norm ball | ChapterZero
- Palm Pre now running Android 2.3 Gingerbread AOSP
- Hedi Slimane Speaks: The Dior Designer Turned Photographer On “One …
- Class Counsel Crafts A Brady v. NFL Q&A – Sports Agent Blog
- South African woman challenges belief that the violin is only for …